Thanksgiving Top 10 2019
Today marks one of the greatest days of the year. A time of reflection and celebration with those we love the most. For the past 15 years, I have made a list on this day. This list is random, sometimes reflective and other times humorous. I challenge you to sit down for just a moment and give thanks to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for some of the little things that we may take for granted.
1. A family with a tradition of Faith in the Father. This Faith has been the benchmark of everything we do.
2. Sweet Tea and Mountain Dew (enough said) and El Cazadore (Cleveland’s best Mexican restaurant)
3. Adidas “Yeezy” and Hoka running shoes (life changing comfort for these old bones) Thanks Kanye…..
4. The Bible – the Truth, the Word of God, the Roadmap for the Abundant Life. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus…
5. Jeep Wrangler- The Greatest Vehicle ever designed, now with push button retractable roof….
6. People that love regardless of Political differences, Race, Economical Status, etc. Just love others.
7. America- The imperfect, but Greatest Country on the planet. Unite and be a part of the improvement.
8. Golf- the go to game for those of us unable to “Really Play” basketball like we used to. Fairways and Greens
9. The worship music of Andre Crouch- “Thru it all, I’ve learned to trust in Jesus, I’ve learned to trust in God”
10. Steph, Halle, Kaleigh, Mom, Dad, Health, Provision, Joy, Peace and Love. Above all, Love one another.
Happy thanksgiving to all of you and May God truly bless you and yours this day. The Hughes family is grateful for your friendship and blessed to have you in our lives.
Richie Hughes is a noted speaker in a wide variety of settings. Whether he ministers in a church service or challenges a thriving business staff on the other side of the country, Hughes’ topics always revolve around his life message, Col. 3:23, “Whatever you do, do it with all your might as working for the Lord, not for men.” Church consulting is a passion of Richie’s, and God has provided numerous opportunities for him to travel the world pouring into church leadership and staff.