For the past 12 years I have posted my list. It began as an attempt to bring awareness to the “Power of the Pen on Paper.” In the past, I would share this list at our Wednesday mid-week service at Free Chapel, but since moving to TN, I continue to see the benefits in simply noting these things and posting on my website and social media. Of course, some are very serious and others are meant to generate a courtesy laugh, but all of the these 10 have a certain relevance in my life. I CHALLENGE YOU TO WRITE YOUR LIST AND POST IT. List making is powerful and focuses our attention on the important.
2016 Thanksgiving Top 10
- I woke up this morning. Thankful for the opportunity of another day.
- My Keurig (one cup) coffee maker. (game changer in the morning)
- Change of Seasons in the South. (Beautiful leaves, cool nip in weather and a sweater)
- MY JOB. Millions are out of work or hate their job. I enjoy all of the opportunities God has provided for me to provide for my family.
- Chimichangas, Chips and Salsa and a Coke. Enough said!
- A Healthy family- Grandparents, My Parents and all of us that have our health. (WE are Praying for those of you that are fighting health battles)
- America- Not perfect, but still the Envy of all other Nations of the world. We STAND for our National Anthem, Salute our Flag and Sing God Bless America.
- High School / College Athletics. (I love to watch kids compete for the love of the sport- not because they get paid)
- Psalm 23 and 27, Phil. 4:13 and John 3:16 (passages from the Greatest book ever written)
- A home with a fireplace, an incredible wife and 2 wonderful children. What a Country! What a Savior!
- A wonderful Church @nccog and Pastor Mark Williams who provide hope and wisdom each week for all of us attending. I hope you are actively involved in a great Church.
Yes, I posted 11 because I always needed the bonus question in school to push me over the top. Like you, I could list 100 things I am thankful for, but I hope these few cause you to Think, List and Post. It’s a humbling exercise. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours from the Richie Hughes Family. God bless you all.